We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Savoury pies and tarts
- Cheese pies and tarts
This is my version of the Italian tart with chard and raisins. I don't like pine nuts so I use walnuts instead. Feel free to use whichever one you like better.
Be the first to make this!
- 6 tablespoons sultanas
- 1250g chard (leaves and thin stems only)
- bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 120g grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr15min
- Soak sultanas in a small bowl in warm water. Set to one side. Shred chard leaves and chop stems.
- Preheat your oven to 175 C / Gas 3-4. Grease a round baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook chard leaves and stems for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Press out excess liquid with your hands.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl stir together eggs with cooled chard, walnuts, sultanas, onions, and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon in chard mixture and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly brown on top, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or lukewarm.