Ingredients for Making Kefir Donuts
- kefir 250 ml.
- egg 1 pc.
- sugar to taste (I put 5 tbsp)
- salt pinch
- soda - half a liter taste
- flour 2.5-3 cups
- vegetable oil for dough 2 tbsp. l
- vegetable oil for frying a glass at least
- icing sugar for powder. taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:Casserole, Deep-frying pan, Spoon or whisk, Cutting board, Sieve
Cooking kefir donuts:
Step 1. Take kefir.Pour kefir into the pan, add the egg, sugar, salt and begin to mix thoroughly so that the sugar dissolves. This can be done with a spoon or whisk. Then pour soda and vegetable oil into the pan. Mix everything again.
Step 2. Add the flour.Pour the sifted flour into the kefir and egg and knead the dough. Knead with your hands until the dough begins to lag behind the walls of the dishes, i.e. will become one. The dough should be smooth and shiny.
Step 3. Take the dough.We lay out the resulting dough on a cutting board and begin to form the actual donuts. For this, the dough needs to be divided into small balls with a diameter of about 3 cm. It is better to do it manually.
Step 4. Formation of donuts.To form donuts, you need to make cakes out of balls. Next, stick a wooden stick in the center of the tortilla (you can use a pencil or pen). Then quickly twist the cake with a stick on the table. I once saw this method already and don’t remember where, but the main thing is that it works! You can, of course, form donuts in the traditional way - roll out the dough 1 cm thick, cut out circles with one capacity, and holes inside with a smaller capacity. But this is not so interesting for others! Donuts are left to rise a little, and we ourselves put on the pan a deep-frying pan or a deep frying pan.
Step 5. Fry donuts.Strongly heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Spread donuts in hot oil and fry on both sides. Fry one side for about 1 minute. Put the fried donuts on a napkin or sieve to drain the remaining vegetable oil. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar, and the more powdered, the more delicious the donuts. Step 6. Serve the kefir donuts Serve donuts best hot, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Enjoy your meal!
- - when preparing the test for donuts, kefir can be slightly warmed up so that the sugar dissolves faster.
- - it must be remembered that excess soda in the dough gives the finished product an unpleasant smell and taste, and with a lack of soda, the test is poorly loosened.
- - Be careful when frying donuts, because hot oil can burn out a burn.