Beef Liver Salad Ingredients
- Beef liver 500 gr.
- Carrots 2pcs.
- Onion 2 pcs.
- Eggs 3 pcs.
- Mayonnaise 100 gr.
- Vegetable oil 5 tbsp. spoons
- Dill greens 1 bunch
- Lemon juice 2 tsp (or one slice of lemon)
- Tomato 1 pc.
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Key Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Frying pan, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Coarse grater, Spoon, Salad bowl
Making beef liver salad:
Step 1: Boil the liver.Beef liver needs to be thawed if stored in the refrigerator. Next, you need to thoroughly rinse the product, clean from films and veins and soak in cold water for 30 minutes. After that, put the liver in a pot with boiling, salted water and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, periodically removing the foam with a slotted spoon. After the beef offal softens, transfer it to a separate plate and cool. The liver is cut into strips of medium thickness.
Step 2: Prepare the ingredients for the salad.Peel onions and carrots and rinse thoroughly. Cut the onion into thin half rings, and chop the carrots on a coarse grater. In a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil, fry the onions and carrots until light golden brown, after which the finished products need to be cooled. Boil the eggs in cold water for 7-10 minutes, so that the yolk completely hardens. After that, cool, peel and cut into strips. All the ingredients (beef liver, onions and carrots, eggs) are mixed, then salt and pepper to taste. Step 3: Serve the beef liver salad. Ready salad should be sprinkled with lemon juice and seasoned with neutral taste mayonnaise. After that, it needs to be cooled. It will be enough for 20 minutes to place the dish in the refrigerator. We decorate the salad bowl with finely chopped dill and tomato, sliced in rings. Enjoy your meal!
- - This salad can be served warm. To do this, just before mixing the ingredients, slightly fry the liver in a pan and mix with the onions and carrots that have not yet cooled.
- - Tomato can be used both as a side dish and decoration (as indicated in the recipe), and add it to the salad. To do this, you need to cut the vegetable into cubes and mix with the rest of the products. Thus, the dish will become more juicy and unusual.
- -Instead of mayonnaise, fatty sour cream can be used for dressing beef liver salad. It is very important to consider that it is not acidic, as this will violate the harmonious taste of the salad.