Ingredients for making lingonberry and blueberry compote
- Fresh blueberries 350 grams
- Fresh lingonberry 350 grams
- Small lemon 1 piece
- Sugar 4 tablespoons
- Purified water 6 glasses
- Main ingredients: Lingonberry, Blueberry
- Serving 6 servings
Fine grater, Cutting board, Knife, Juicer, Saucer, Medium saucepan with a lid, Cooker, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Medium bowl, Jug, Juice glasses, Kitchen paper towel
Cooking compote from lingonberries and blueberries:
Step 1: prepare the lemon.
We wash the lemon under running water and put it on a cutting board. After that, wipe it dry with a kitchen paper towel. And now we rub the peel of citrus on a fine grater. The main thing is not to overdo it, because we need everything 1 teaspoon. Shredded peel of a lemon we shift in a free saucer.
Then we cut the lemon with a knife across into two halves and squeeze the juice from each part. To make compote, we need 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Step 2: prepare the berries.
Gently lay blueberries and lingonberries in a medium bowl and rinse under running warm water. We throw out the ripened and spoiled berries, as they can ruin the taste of compote. After that, we set the main components aside right in the bowl, and we ourselves proceed to the next cooking process.
Step 3: prepare the water.
Before preparing a berry drink, we need to boil water. Therefore, we pour purified water into a medium saucepan. And also pour freshly squeezed lemon juice here and add lemon zest and sugar. We mix everything well with a tablespoon and put the container on medium heat, and to make the water boil faster, cover the pan with a lid. Immediately after that we set the boiling water aside, but we do not turn off the burner.
Step 4: prepare a compote of cranberries and blueberries.
After boiling water, gently (so as not to burn yourself due to splashes), pour the berries of lingonberry and blueberry into the pan, mix everything well with improvised equipment and put the container back on a small fire. After boiling the drink, brew it for another 5-7 minutes. After the allotted time, turn off the burner, and put the compote aside to cool to room temperature.
Step 5: serve the compote of cranberries and blueberries.
Once the compote of lingonberries and blueberries has completely cooled, it can be served at the dessert table. To do this, pour the drink into a jug and pour it into glasses for juice already at the table. We try to pour compote along with the berries, because even after cooking they still have a lot of vitamins and minerals that will charge our body for the whole day and give vivacity. Glasses, if desired, can be decorated with a slice of lemon and mint leaves.
- If you do not like compotes with sourness, then freshly squeezed lemon juice can not be added when we boil water.
- If you don’t like pieces of fruit or berries floating in drinks, then you can strain the compote after it has completely cooled, strain through a sieve into a jug. And put the berries in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and eat just like that.
- In order for a compote of lingonberry and blueberry not only to give you vitamins, but also vitality, freshness, for example, on a hot day, a chilled drink can be refrigerated for 1-2 hours and only then invite friends and relatives to enjoy this compote.
- If you have only frozen berries at your fingertips, do not be discouraged, as you can also make compote from them. To do this, put blueberries and lingonberries to the side until they warm up to room temperature and only after that we brew the drink. In no case do not defrost the berries under running hot water or in the microwave, as this will not only ruin the taste and aroma of the drink, but the benefits of these berries will also partially disappear.