Ingredients for Tomato Onion Sauce
- Tomatoes 1.5-2 kilograms
- Onions 1-2 pieces
- Olive oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Mix of fresh herbs (basil, oregano and parsley) 1/4 cup or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Tomato, Greens
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Kitchen towel, Oven, Kitchen brush, Tacks, Tablespoon, Bakeware, Blender, Sauce bowl
Preparation of tomato and onion sauce:
Step 1: prepare the tomatoes.First of all, thoroughly wash the tomatoes under running water from all possible contaminants. Then we put them on a kitchen towel so that it absorbs excess liquid.
Step 2: prepare the onion.Next, peel the onions from the husk, rinse under cold running water and put on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the onion into medium pieces of arbitrary shape up to 2 centimeters and leave them on the cutting board.
Step 3: bake vegetables.Now preheat the oven up to 220 degrees Celsius. In a baking dish, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and using a kitchen brush, spread the fat on the bottom of the container. Then put onion slices and washed tomatoes in the form, slightly sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil. And after the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature, set the form on the middle shelf. We bake vegetables until they let the juice go, and the peel on the tomatoes does not wrinkle. This process will take about 30 minutes. With the passage of time, we take out the form from the oven, helping ourselves with kitchen tacks and leave the vegetables on 5 to 10 minutes cool down.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.After they have cooled down a bit, remove the peel from the tomatoes and put them in the blender bowl, send the onion, a mixture of herbs, salt to taste with black pepper and olive oil to the same place. We cover the appliance with a lid and grind everything to a homogeneous liquid state.
Step 5: serve the tomato and onion sauce.Pour the finished sauce from the blender bowl into the saucepan and you can serve the dish to the table. This aromatic sauce is perfect for french fries, various kebabs of meat, chicken or fish, as well as homemade bread or chips. At the same time, it can be served to guests as a complement to the second on the festive table. Cook with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - To give your sauce more flavor, along with vegetables, you can bake a few cloves of garlic or replace them with garlic powder.
- - This sauce can be supplemented with chili pepper, then it will appeal to lovers of dishes sharper.
- - Ground black pepper can be supplemented with other aromatic spices to your taste or replace fresh herbs with dried herbs.
- - Onions can be replaced with red.
- - Olive oil can be replaced with any other vegetable oil such as sunflower.
- - Tomatoes for this sauce are suitable for any size and variety, but if desired, they are especially large, you can cut it in half.