Pickled Garlic Ingredients
- Garlic 1.5-2 kilograms
- Fresh dill 2 bunches (approximately 300 grams)
- Salt (without iodine) 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Distilled pure water 2 cups (capacity 250 grams)
- Table vinegar 9% 1.5 cups (capacity 250 grams)
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Sugar
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Colander, Cutting board, Knife, Deep pan, Stove, Skimmer, Liter glass jar with carving - 2 pieces, Screw metal lid - 2 pieces, Blanket, Kitchen towel, Wooden kitchen spoon, Glass, Teaspoon, Refrigerator
Cooking Pickled Garlic:
Step 1: prepare the inventory.A prerequisite for any pickling or canning is the sterilization of all equipment that will be used during these processes. How to carry out this procedure depends on your desire, it can be sterilization in boiling water, in the oven, in the microwave, in a double boiler or the most common way of steaming inventory for a couple. When choosing one of these options, the main thing is not to forget that the dishes should be pre-washed with soda and sterilized at least 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the garlic.Peel the required amount of garlic and put the cloves in a colander. We wash them under running water from any dirt and fine husks. We leave the ingredient in a colander, so that excess water from the garlic glass, and proceed to the preparation of greens.
Step 3: prepare the dill.We take the right amount of dill, rinse under running water from various kinds of pollution, dust and sand. Shake the greens over the sink from excess liquid, put on a cutting board and finely chop the knife, leaving the dense legs intact, remove them and throw them away. Leave the cut on the cutting board.
Step 4: prepare the marinade and boil the garlic.We take a deep saucepan, pour pure distilled water into it, add sugar, salt and put the container on the stove turned on to a strong level. After the liquid has boiled, screw the temperature of the stove to a medium level and boil the marinade 1 - 2 minutes until the grains of salt and sugar are completely dissolved. Then add dill, vinegar and bring the liquid to a boil again. Then we add garlic and act as desired. In order for the vegetable to be more crispy, boil it no more than 5 minutes and to get a softer garlic, boil it 7 to 8 minutes. Regardless of the choice, after the right time, we remove the garlic from the marinade using a slotted spoon, while unfolding it in sterilized jars, helping ourselves with a wooden kitchen spoon.
Step 5: bring the marinating to full readiness.Pour garlic with a hot marinade so that the liquid completely covers the cloves and is at least 1 centimeter higher than them. We put on cans, sterilized screw caps and with a kitchen towel tightly seal containers with marinades. After we turn the jars upside down and put them on a blanket, previously laid on the floor. When the glass containers have completely cooled, turn them upside down, shake them a couple of times to make sure they are tight, and then put them in the refrigerator, cellar or basement. In 3 - 4 days the garlic will be ready. Garlic prepared using this recipe should be consumed within 3-4 months after the fermentation process takes place and the vegetable can peroxide.
Step 6: Serve the pickled garlic.Before serving, pickled garlic is placed in deep bowls or salad bowls. If desired, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, dill or green onions and watered with vegetable oil. It can also be used in the preparation of various pastries, add to the filling of pizza, used to cook the first and second hot dishes. Pickled garlic is an excellent side dish for any dish or appetizer for strong aperitifs. Cook with love and enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
- - In addition to greens, you can add red chili peppers to the marinade, 1 for each jar, a pair of peas of black and allspice, for the flavor of bay leaf, cloves, mustard seeds.
- - Instead of the usual vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar.
- - If you use young garlic for pickling, then you can not peel it, but simply remove the top husk and pickle the whole vegetable.
- -Keep ready a kettle with boiled clean distilled water. In case marinade is not enough, you can always add a little boiling water and add flavor with a little salt, sugar, and vinegar. Hot water may also be needed if it is necessary to urgently treat the required cutlery with boiling water.