We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Herring in Pita Bread
- Pita thin armenian 1pc
- Large Norwegian herring, large 1 pc
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp. spoons
- 3 eggs
- Sugar 0.5 tsp
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Alcohol vinegar 9% 3 tbsp. spoons
- Onion 1 pc
- Greens to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife for cutting fish, Knife for slicing, Cooking board, Frying pan, Cooker, Whisk (fork), Bowl
Cooking herring in pita bread:
Step 1: cut the herring.Gut the herring and peel it. This is easier to do if you start with the tail, making small cuts and separating the skin from the pulp. Separate the fillet from the ridge and peritoneal bones.
Step 2: cut the herring into small pieces.Cut herring fillet into cubes 0.5 * 0.5 cm in size. When slicing, try to remove those bones that come across. Try to keep all the pieces approximately the same size, this is important for the taste of the dish.
Step 3: Fry the onion.Cut onions in the same cubes as herring and fry in vegetable oil.
Step 4: combine all the ingredients.Beat eggs thoroughly with a whisk. Simply turn them into a homogeneous mass. Then add a bite and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes. Pour the prepared egg mixture into the frying pan where the onions are fried. Continuing to mix everything, wait until the eggs curl and immediately remove from heat. Add mustard and sugar, mix well. Let the mixture cool, then add the herring and mix again.
Step 5: put the finished mixture on a pita.Put the mixture on pita bread, spreading it evenly over the entire surface, and then twist it with a dense roll. Try to fold so that no voids form inside. Let the roll stand for 15-20 minutes, and then chop.
Step 6: serve herring in pita bread.Garnish the plate with lettuce, and on top lay the herring in pita bread. This dish is ideal as a snack, so it is served in front of the main one. Enjoy your meal!
- - When choosing a herring, look at her belly. In fresh herring, it is silvery and shiny. If the herring is old with rancid fat, then her belly will be with yellowness. It’s better to refrain from buying such a herring, its taste qualities have already been changed not for the better.
- - Pita bread always check for freshness. If it is folded in half, and the pita will crack on the fold - set it aside. For this dish you only need fresh pita bread, from it you can make a roll, and the stale just crack.
- - You can add a little chopped greens to the herring. For example, dill or parsley will noticeably refresh such an appetizer. Just do not overdo it with the proportions, a lot of greenery will be superfluous here. Enough 1 tbsp. tablespoons chopped herbs the above proportions.