We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Oven-baked lamb leg ingredients
- Lamb leg 3 kilograms 580 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary 2-3 branches
- Garlic 1 head (large)
- Brown sugar 60 grams
- Distilled pure water 200 milliliters
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen paper towels, Knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Kitchen hatchet, Oven, Glass heat-resistant baking dish, Measuring cup for water, Colander, Cook thermometer, Kitchen towel, Kitchen tongs, Large flat dish
Cooking the lamb leg baked in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the leg.For this dish you need the leg of a young lamb and for starters, rinse it under running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels and lay it on a cutting board. Arm with a sharp knife and remove coccyx, which you can observe along the upper leg. Next cut pelvic bones, they are not very many, but during chopping on the surface of the meat fragments could remain that should also be removed. Work on this part of the leg in a hurry, making cuts - notches right near the base of the bone, so as not to lose precious pieces of meat. Now you have a rather difficult job, make a small incision along the small bone, and carefully cutting it from all sides, cut the meat from it. You will see 2 bones connected by cartilage, small and large. Trim the edges of the cartilage and remove small bone. Now you should see the cartilaginous thicket of a large bone around which are quite appetizing, but extra meat slices. To make the leg look more aesthetically pleasing during baking, cut these pieces under the base of the cartilage calyx on the bone. Also remove pocket with fatIt contains too much iron, which is very difficult to digest in the human stomach. Meat cuts are suitable for cooking any other equally tasty dish, for example, for stewed mutton with beans, and fat in small quantities can be used for cooking pilaf. Remove the top layer of rough skin. Do this carefully so that a small layer of fat remains on the surface of the leg, it will protect the leg during baking from dryness and give the dish a beautiful, golden crust. Now you have a perfectly crafted leg on a large bone, during baking, the meat is pulled together and the bone will be exposed, so act as you wish, if it suits you, you can prepare the lamb for baking, well, in my case, I just chopped it with a kitchen hatchet.
Step 2: prepare the rosemary and garlic.
Step 3: prepare the leg for baking.Now using a thin sharp and long knife, make cuts on the surface of the lamb leg at an angle to the inside of the pulp. The cracks should be deep, but not large in volume so that only herbs and spices enter them. Do not be zealous, and do not make a sieve out of your feet, 5-6 cuts from one barrel, from another, from the third. After stuffing the slots with rosemary and garlic, make sure that the filling is laid quite deep and does not go beyond the meat aisles to avoid burning these ingredients during baking. Put your prepared leg in a glass heat-resistant baking dish, or you can do it right away during stuffing, to whom it is convenient. Rub it with salt and black pepper to taste. In order for the lamb to look very nice, with a crispy crust, sprinkle brown sugar on your leg, spreading it on the surface of the lamb with a thin layer. Of course, dried herbs are not an option for lamb, but if you wish, you can sprinkle leg with ground pepper, fragrance with ground pepper and paprika. These 3 spices will add color and taste to the finished dish, but not as non-flavor.
Step 4: bake the lamb leg in the oven.
Step 5: serve the lamb leg baked in the oven.
- - The prejudice that lamb "stinks" is unfounded, but of course it has a rather specific smell. But if it’s so unpleasant for you, you can soak the meat in cold running water for 12 hours, every hour, changing the liquid to a fresh portion of cold water.
- - Herbs that ennoble the taste of lamb are rosemary, mint, oregano, thyme, basil. Dried herbs will not betray your dish the unforgettable aroma that you so desire, so use them at will or eliminate them altogether. You can also stuff the leg with savory, it gives a garlic smell, hot fresh red pepper, citrus zest, dried fruits, such as cranberries, cherries, apricots.
- - If desired, sugar can be replaced with honey or regular white sugar.
- - The temperature of meat readiness and its color according to Fahrenheit: 120 - 125 degrees - the center is bright red, pink surface; 130 - 135 degrees - center pink, light brown surface; 140 - 145 degrees - the center is pink; brown surface; 150 - 155 degrees - the center is light brown, brown surface. And the best result is 160 degrees - the center is brown, the surface is dark brown. Higher temperature, this means that the leg is dry inside and burned outside.