Ingredients for Cooking Hot Mustard
- Dry mustard powder 4 tablespoons
- Water 6 tablespoons
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Sugar 3 teaspoons
- Vinegar -1 tsp to taste
- Vegetable oil 1.5 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Mustard
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Bowl, Glass jars, Lids, Saucepan, Whisks, Spoon, Cooker
Cooking spicy mustard:
Step 1. Prepare the dishes for mustard.For ready-made mustard, small glass jars with lids, for example, from under baby food, are suitable. Wash the jars thoroughly with soap and water, rinse and wipe dry with a towel. Lids are also thoroughly washed and wiped.
Step 2. We grow mustard powder.First you need to boil some water. Then we take a bowl, pour mustard powder into it. Check that there are no lumps. Add a bit - 2 tablespoons boiled, warm water. Mix well. There should be no lumps. If the lumps come across, rub them with a spoon. It is best to stir mustard with water with a whisk. Then add the remaining amount of warm water - 4 tablespoons. The consistency of diluted mustard should be like a thick porridge.
Step 3. Insist mustard.Top the mustard with boiling water. Pour carefully, do not mix. Our mustard should be under a layer of boiling water. And leave her to insist 5-10 minutes. Then carefully drain the water.
Step 4. Mix the ingredients.In a bowl with mustard, add salt, sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil. Mix thoroughly. You can add your favorite spices - optional.
Step 5. Put the mustard in jars.We shift the mustard into glass jars and tightly close the lids. Then we remove for a day in a dark place. Mandatory at room temperature. If you make mustard in the evening, by the next day's dinner, spicy mustard of powder is ready. In the future, store the mustard with the lid closed in the refrigerator.
Step 6. Serve hot mustard.Mustard is served as a seasoning for meat products or fish. Enjoy your meal!
- - Doing a lot of mustard is not advisable. Over time, it loses its pungency and aroma.
- - if the taste of cooked mustard did not suit you. You can always fix it by adding salt or sugar. If the mustard is too hot, you can add more vegetable oil.
- - if the mustard turned out to be liquid, it does not matter, the very next day it will become more dense.
- - Remember that spicy mustard, like horseradish, always turns out to be very spicy for a start. To do this, she should stand for 2-3 weeks, so that her severity yields. Never try it immediately after cooking!
- - You will cry with huge crocodile tears and then curse me. It is best to enjoy spicy mustard after 2 - 3 weeks, when the taste is moderately spicy, such as our purchased good mustard, Cossack, etc., only the taste will be much more refined and very interesting.