Ingredients for Making Dried Melon
- Melon sweet varieties 2 kg.
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Sugar 50 gr.
- Main Ingredients
- Portion 6-8
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Bowl, Spoon, Baking sheet, Baking parchment, Oven, Dish
Preparation of dried melon:
Step 1: Prepare the melon.First, the melon must be thoroughly washed and dried. After that, we cut it in half with a knife with a long blade and extract the seeds from it with a spoon or by hand. With each half, cut off the skin with a knife or a peeler. We put the peeled melon on a cutting board and cut it first longitudinally (the width of each slice should be no more than 3 centimeters), then across. Thus, we get small cubes of melon.
Step 2: Dry the melon in the oven.We cover the baking sheet with baking parchment, which is lubricated with a small amount of vegetable oil. This measure is necessary so that pieces of melon do not stick to the surface of the baking sheet and paper. Next, put the cubes in one layer and sprinkle the melon with sugar a little. Preheat the oven to temperature 120 degrees and send the pan to it. After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 80 degrees and continue to dry the melon. In general, it is necessary to cook the fruit 1.5 - 2 hours. Periodically (approximately every half hour), the pieces must be turned over. As for the time, after 1.5 hours the melon will be still soft and elastic, more like dried, and after 2 hours already dried. In this regard, choose the cooking time in accordance with your individual desires and taste.
Step 3: Serve the dried melon.Cool the dried melon completely, after which it can be eaten or used later in the preparation of other dishes and desserts. Nutritionists recommend that people suffering from diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract consume dried melon at least several times a week. Also, losing weight people need to pamper themselves with such a treat. In addition to the fact that it contains a minimal amount of sugar and calories, the dish has a beneficial effect on our health and metabolic processes of the body. Bon appetit to all!
- - In summer, dried melon can be cooked not only in the oven, but also in the sun. It is very tasty, but it will take a lot more time. Also, the melon is cut into pieces, after which it is threaded onto a stainless steel wire or laid out on a newspaper and placed in the sun. After 3-5 days, you have a wonderful treat on the table that will appeal to adults and children.
- - In the future, dried melon can be used to prepare fragrant desserts, pastries, and you can also cook jelly or compote from it. Tea lovers can be advised to brew several pieces of dried melon with tea, after which the taste of the drink will be saturated with a very aromatic aftertaste.
- - Suitable for drying are mainly summer and sweet varieties of melon with dense pulp. For example, these may be the following varieties: Kolkhoznitsa, Peerless, Bykovskaya, Zimovka, etc. They have a very rich taste and aroma that will remain during drying.