Ingredients for making Chinese cabbage and shrimp salad
- King medium sized shrimp frozen 200 grams
- Peking cabbage 200 grams
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Onions medium size 1 piece
- Mayonnaise 67% fat to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Purified water 500 milliliters
- Dry laurel leaves to taste
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Cabbage
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Tablespoon, Paper towel, Medium-sized pot, Deep bowl, Salad bowl, Deep plate
Making Chinese Cabbage and Shrimp Salad:
Step 1: prepare the shrimp.It is very important to properly prepare the shrimp in this recipe so that they turn out to be tasty and not like rubber. To do this, pour purified water into a saucepan and put on a large fire. When the water boils, salt it and add bay leaves and peppercorns to the pan to taste. Water should be salty enough, but not saline! Well, mix it all with a tablespoon so that the salt dissolves. And only after that we make an average fire and throw frozen shrimp into the pan with our hands. When the water boils again, let it boil 2-4 minutes our ingredient and after - turn off the fire. Drain the water from the pan and spoon the shrimp into a deep plate to cool.
Step 2: prepare the cabbage.
Step 3: prepare the onion.
Step 4: working with shrimp.Shrimps have already cooled down and now they can be cleaned of the shell and head. To do this, just first we tear off his head with his hands and remove the shell, starting with the abdomen. When such seafood has already been cooked, it is easy to clear of all that is superfluous. Therefore, he will not take away the extra time from you. Peeled shrimp can be set aside on a chopping board or in a bowl. When the process is complete, put the ingredient in a bowl with salad ingredients.
Step 5: chop the greens.
Step 6: serve Chinese cabbage and shrimp salad.And now we season our components with mayonnaise. Attention: add the ingredient with a tablespoon in portions, because if you go too far with mayonnaise, the taste of the salad will not be the same. In addition, with the interaction of mayonnaise with salt and chopped cabbage leaves, the dish can give juice! Therefore, it must immediately be served. Well and, of course, salt and pepper to taste. After - we shift the salad in a salad bowl with a tablespoon, and when serving, decorate it with several leaves of parsley and a slice of lemon. Good appetite!
- - When choosing shrimps, it is better to take unpeeled, as in the process of cooking they turn out juicier.
- - As for treating children with such a salad. In general, shrimp meat is very healthy and contains a very large amount of protein, as well as vitamins and substances useful for the body, such as potassium, calcium, iodine, phosphorus. In addition, a substance such as astaxanthin promotes the formation of new cells in the body, thus increasing tissue regeneration. But seafood should be given to children with extreme caution, since there may be an allergic reaction in the first place. Therefore, children under three years of age are generally contraindicated in eating shrimp. And children from 3 to 5 years old are supposed to be no more than twice a week in a very small amount.
- - As a dressing in this salad, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a little olive oil are also suitable.
- - If you want to add aroma and acidity to this salad and do not like mayonnaise, then to start defrosting shrimp. To do this, put them in a colander with a deep bowl and pour hot water. When the ice completely leaves them, clear them of the shell and head. Spread the shrimp in a pan and add a few tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Those who like spicy food, you can add peeled whole clove of garlic, pre-crushing it with the handle of a knife on a cutting board to give juice. And stirring our ingredient with a spoon, fry over low heat for literally 3-5 minutes. Then the shrimp is saturated with aromas of additional components. Spreading the seafood thus prepared in a salad, mix all the ingredients well with a spoon. And if necessary, add some more olive oil. It turns out also very tasty!