We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Fried Mussels
- Mussels (large and peeled) 300 grams.
- Premium wheat flour 3 tablespoons.
- White wine 100 ml.
- Chicken eggs 1 piece.
- Vegetable oil (refined sunflower) 100 ml.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Lemon 1 piece.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Wooden cutting board, Knife, Large plate, Whisk, Deep bowl, Stewpan or deep fryer (deep frying pan), Fork, Spoon, Cooker, Wooden spatula for turning., Serving dish
Cooking fried mussels:
Step 1: wash and sprinkle mussels with flour.Mussels need "clean" to make this recipe. This does not say that they should be without dirt, but rather that they should be without any grains of sand and without fragments of shells. Often, mussels contain extraneous impregnations, provided that they were collected artisanally. Mussels grown on edgings previously lowered into the sea do not have this “merit”. This fact is very important, of course, if you are not a fan of crunching sand on your teeth. However, in order to free all mussels from various fragments of shells, this is generally a whole science. But in any case, the mussels are now being sold in a more or less pure form, the main thing is that they all need to be mandatory rinse under a strong stream of cold running water. Now the well-washed mussels should be dried with a paper towel and then they should be laid out on a cutting board or on a large plate. From above all mussels should be sprinkled with flour, and then turn them over and again sprinkled with flour on the other side. This is done so that the breading then adheres well to the mussels.
Step 2: prepare the batter.
Step 3: dip the mussels into the dough.
Step 4: deep-fried mussels.
Step 5: Serve the fried mussels.Serve the already fried mussels immediately, while they are still fire-breathing and crispy. Now we transfer them from the stew-pan to a serving dish and serve. Then you can lightly pour them with lemon juice. Traditionally, fried mussels are served with zadziki, either with scordaglia paste or with walnut sauce. In addition, you can serve them with cold beer or dry white wine. Enjoy your meal!
- - if there were no fresh mussels and you bought frozen mussels, then frozen mussels should be thawed in air at room temperature. Then rinse them thoroughly.
- - for any dishes, it is best to take live mussels. How to find out whether they are alive or not? It's simple, you can do it easily right in the store. So, if the wings of our mollusk are densely compressed, then it is 100% live. Now all frozen mussels are sold without any wings.
- - Buy frozen and already peeled mussels with great caution, since in this case it is very difficult to determine how fresh they are, because all the mussels are a very perishable product! In this case, you should immediately pay attention to the fact that all the mussels should have a thin, almost invisible, transparent layer of ice on them and not all be frozen together in one lump. This already indicates their improper storage!