Ingredients for making green cabbage soup with sorrel
- Pork 350-400 gr.
- Potatoes 3-4 pcs.
- 1 carrot
- Onion 2 pcs.
- Water 1.5-2 liters
- Sorrel 400 gr.
- Green onion 1 bunch
- Parsley or dill greens 1 bunch
- Sour cream 35% 100 gr.
- Chicken (boiled) eggs 2 pcs.
- Bay leaf to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Butter (slice) to taste
- Main ingredients: Pork, Sorrel
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:Saucepan, Frying pan, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Grater, Serving plates
Cooking green cabbage soup with sorrel:
Step 1: Cook the meat broth.I’m used to cooking pork broth, but if you want a more tender soup, cook it from chicken. So, we take a piece of pork, wash it well under cold running water and send it to boil in a saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the water boils, remove the noise and reduce the fire. Cook under the lid for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Cut the vegetables.At this time, peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into medium cubes (about 3x3 cm). Onions and carrots are peeled, then onions - finely chopped, and carrots - finely three. We sort the sorrel, cut the cuttings and chop coarsely. Parsley and onion are finely chopped.
Step 3: Cook the green cabbage soup with sorrel.Put boiling potatoes in a boiling broth (about 15 minutes) At this time, put on a medium heat to heat the pan, and lay out a piece of butter. Once it melts, add the coarsely chopped sorrel and leave to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, while constantly stirring. Nearby we put another pan to warm up, pour a little vegetable oil. And spread the onion to fry. Once it becomes transparent, add the carrots, mix and lightly fry (no more than 3 minutes) When the potatoes become a little soft, put the sorrel and frying in the broth, add salt to taste, add a couple of leaves of laurel and cook for 10-15 minutes. At the end, add greens, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the green cabbage soup with sorrel.Cabbage soup is usually served with sour cream and a boiled egg, which is divided in half. Enjoy your meal!
- - It is better to take meat on the bone, then the soup will be rich.
- - Also in the cabbage soup with sorrel, you can put a little coarsely chopped spinach.
- - The broth can also be cooked from chicken, then cabbage soup will be more tender and lean.
- - From the specified amount of ingredients, a two-liter saucepan is obtained.
- - If you do not like the taste of boiled eggs in the soup, then they can not be boiled, but beat with a whisk, and gently pour into the soup five minutes before cooking.
- - In the cabbage soup you can add a little green leaves of young garlic.