Ingredients for making jellied real rustic
- Pork drumstick or leg 1 pc.
- Knuckle of pork 1 pc.
- Onion 3 pcs.
- Garlic 10 cloves
- Salt approximately 2-3 tablespoons
- Pepper black peas 10 pcs.
- Bay leaf 2-3 pcs.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 8 servings
Saucepan, Bowl, Kitchen knife, Kitchen hatchet, Cutting board, Garlic press, Strainer, Spoon, Serving deep plates
Cooking jellied real rustic:
Step 1: Cook the aspic.
The best thing is to cook jelly from cold cuts, so, in my opinion, it turns out more tender. For example, pork drumstick and homemade rooster. But in the village I was taught how to cook jellied meat only from pork. Why they don’t cook with beef, you ask, but because beef meat has a peculiar smell that very olfactory guests can smell. Hence the conclusion: it is better not to take risks and to delight all guests deliciously. So, we take a pork drumstick or a leg and a knuckle and wash it thoroughly under cold running water (I chopped hooves off a leg with a kitchen hatchet). Then put all the meat in a bowl, fill with cold water and leave it overnight in a cool place.
The next morning, drain the water from the bowl, rinse the meat again and transfer it to a deep saucepan (liters per 10) Fill with water to the edge and set to cook on medium heat.
As soon as the contents of the pan begin to boil, it is necessary to remove the resulting noise (foam) and reduce the fire to a minimum. Cover with a lid and cook about 7-8 hours. Do not be afraid to digest, it is simply impossible, and even vice versa is better, since the jelly will turn out to be more rich. About an hour before ready, you need to add the broth. Salt is better to pour in portions and taste, as you like best. Then add peas of peppers, peeled onions and bay leaf. Cook another hour under the lid, then add the garlic crushed with a garlic press, cook 15 minutes and remove from heat, let cool, and at the same time insist.
Step 2: Prepare the jelly real rural.Take pre-cooked deep plates.
We take the meat from the broth and separate the flesh from the bone. Set the bones aside, and put the flesh on plates.
The broth must be filtered with a strainer (so that pepper, onion and garlic do not get into the jelly), and then evenly pour into plates.
And now we send to the refrigerator, freeze for a couple of hours (and best of all for the night).
Step 3: Serve the jelly real rustic.
Once the broth hardens, it can be served. Garnish with green leaves on top, cook garlic pampushki and call household members to the table.
For a more beautiful design, aspic can be cut into portioned pieces. Enjoy your meal!
- - This jelly does not require the addition of gelatin, because thanks to the rich meat, the broth should freeze and so on. But if you are afraid, then you can play it safe. After the broth is cooked, we take 20 grams of gelatin, pour into a saucepan, fill with two mugs of broth and put on fire, dissolve, stirring constantly with a spoon, and then pour into the pan with meat.
- - If a layer of fat has frozen on your jellied meat, it's okay, on the contrary, it indicates that you bought real home-made meat. Take a spoon and carefully assemble it.
- - If you don’t want fat on the jelly at all, then during cooking, about every hour, collect the emerging fat from the broth.
- - Garlic is better to add more, so the jelly will turn out more flavorful.